At Rufflets, we are committed to providing the highest levels of customer comfort, care and service. To assist us in the delivery of those standards we regularly look for like-minded, motivated and enthusiastic individuals who have a talent in hospitality. If you are looking for a career in the hotel industry and would like to find out more about working at Rufflets then please contact us on 01334 472594. National Vocational Qualifications are available and can be gained in house.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Salary: £21,000-£23,000 DOE
We’re looking for an experienced hospitality professional who can deliver flawless service time after time.
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager, you’ll be in control of a variety of shifts, from 7am breakfasts to 1am wedding receptions, and will take on hotel duty management shifts as required.
As well as overseeing service in the restaurant, lounges and bar, you’ll be filling the role of host to make sure our guests feel well looked after. Behind the scenes, you’ll be required to take care of relevant administration, and will assist with personnel matters, training and stock control.
What We’re Looking For
- An outgoing personality who’s friendly and approachable
- A keen understanding of what is required to deliver an outstanding guest experience
- Real passion for the Scottish food and drinks industry
- A flexible management style suited to leading a mix of part-time and full-time staff
- A common sense approach to tackling tricky situations and confidence in decision making
- A talent for making the most of on-the-spot sales opportunities
At least 3 years’ experience working at supervisory level in a hotel and/or high standard restaurant setting is essential. Experience of hotel duty management, and of banqueting operations is preferable. If you feel that you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you.
Rufflets is a 10 minute walk from the outskirts of St Andrews, but is not on a regular bus route, so please consider your transport options before applying.