Terms & Conditions 2014
• Provisional bookings will be held for a period of 14 days.
• On or before the 15th day, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of £1,000.00 is required to confirm the booking. Should the deposit not be paid by this time, the hotel reserves the right to release any provisional bookings without notice.
• The minimum number of adult guests for a wedding breakfast from 1st April to 4th October inclusive is 70 on a Friday and 90 on a Saturday. For Summer Mid-Week and Winter Wedding packages, the minimum number is 50. Should numbers fall below this figure, a facility fee, equivalent to £50.00 per person, will be raised.
• Proposed final number of guests attending should be provided 10 weeks before the wedding, when we would like to discuss final details with you.
• At least 8 weeks prior to the wedding, and once the menu and beverages have been selected, we will send a pro-forma invoice for a second payment, equivalent to 50% of the estimated cost for the numbers booked.
• The final number attending the wedding should be advised 14 days before the event and this is the amount which will be charged to the account, unless there is a subsequent increase. A draft table plan should be provided at this time.
• The final estimated account, less the deposits, should be paid at least 10 days before the event.
• All payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge of 3%.
• Rufflets will not be held responsible for any personal items lost during or left after the wedding, unless the items have been given to a member of staff for safe keeping.
• All wedding items should be removed by 11.00 am the following day.
• In the unfortunate circumstances of cancellation, the following charges will apply:
7 - 9 months prior 50% of total estimated value
4 - 6 months prior 75% of total estimated value
Within 3 months prior 100% of total estimated value
• We would strongly advise that wedding cancellation insurance be considered to cover these circumstances.
• The client will be responsible for the orderly conduct of guests attending the event and any damages to the property or grounds by guests during the event. We also ask that the client informs the hotel of the number of guests under the age of 18 who are attending the wedding, and that they ensure that no alcoholic beverages are supplied to any guest under the age of 18 years. As we follow Scottish government Licensing Laws, we operate a ‘Challenge 25’ policy. Please note that photographic proof of age may be requested for anyone deemed to be under the age of 25. We are a licensed premises so any alcohol not purchased at the bar will be confiscated.
• With the exception of wedding cakes, the hotel does not permit food items produced outwith the hotel to be brought in for consumption on the premises.
• We can only offer estimated costs for weddings booked more than a year in advance. Prices will increase from April 2015.
• A 5% service charge is automatically added to the total bill for all food and beverage items on the final estimated invoice.
• Prices are inclusive of VAT at 20%.