Terms & Conditions
• Provisional bookings will be held for a period of 14 days.
• On or before the 15th day, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of £1,000.00 is required to confirm the booking. Should the advance deposit not be paid by this time, the hotel reserves the right to release any provisional bookings without notice.
• The minimum number of adult guests for a wedding or banquet meal during June, July and August inclusive on a Friday is 70 or on a Saturday 90. Should numbers fall below this figure, a facility fee, equivalent to £50.00 per person, will be raised.
• At least six weeks prior to the wedding, and once the menu and beverages have been selected, we will send a pro-forma invoice for a second payment, equivalent to 50% of the estimated cost for the numbers booked.
• Proposed final number of guests attending and a draft table plan should be provided two weeks before the wedding, when we would like to discuss final details with you.
• The final number attending the wedding should be advised seven days before the event and this is the amount which will be charged to the account, unless there is a subsequent increase.
• The final estimated account, less the deposits, should be paid at least seven days before the event.
• All payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge of 3%.
• Accommodation – any reserved bedrooms cancelled 35 days before the event will be charged in full to the main account.
• Rufflets will not be held responsible for any personal items lost during or left after the wedding, unless the items have been given to a member of staff for safe keeping.
• The hotel will store items left after the wedding for 7 days only.
• In the unfortunate circumstances of cancellation, the following charges will apply:
Up to 12 weeks prior 50% of total estimated value
Between 12 and 4 weeks prior 80% of total estimated value
Less than 4 weeks prior 100% of total estimated value
• We would strongly advise that wedding cancellation insurance be considered to cover these circumstances.
• The client will be responsible for the orderly conduct of guests attending the event and any damages to the property or grounds by guests during the event. We also ask that the client informs the hotel of the number of guests under the age of 18 who are attending the wedding, and that they ensure that no alcoholic beverages are supplied to any guest under the age of 18 years. As we follow Scottish government Licensing Laws, we operate a ‘Challenge 25’ policy. Please note that photographic proof of age may be requested for anyone deemed to be under the age of 25.
• Estimates only can be given for weddings booked for more than a year in advance.
• A 5% service charge is automatically added to the total bill for all food and beverage items as per the final estimated quotation.
• Prices are inclusive of VAT at 20% (for 2013).